Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fuck You Lockouts!


For the first time in my adult life a lockout fucked with not one, but two of my favorite sports! I don't count the baseball strike in 94-95 because I was only 9 years old and really didn't give a rats ass about baseball it was ALL about football, the BEST sport EVER! It seems like for months on Sportscenter all I have seen are stories about the percentage of this money, the owners want this, the players want that, we're suing eachother, and crappy stupid countdown clocks keeping track of how many days we have been without football and basketball, but thank God this is finally over!

The NFL lockout fortunately didn't create any delays in the regular season, but the off season was absolutely ripped away from us! And I don't care how stupid and sports obsessed I sound, I care about the off season as much as the mother fucking regular season! It matters just as much even though no games are being played. The draft was effected by it because no players could be traded for picks, free agency was all messed up because everybody had to scramble for players they wanted to sign, and you can tell it has taken a toll on the players because of all the injuries this season! I swear every week there is a new major injury to some big time player and it can't help but make me think what would have happened had there not been a moronic lockout and all these guys were practicing on a regular basis?

The NBA lockout was absolutely rotten, I honestly thought I was never going to get to see any basketball played this year the way things were going. When they canceled the preseason I started to get worried, when they canceled the first 2 weeks of the season I was pissed, and then when they just kept on canceling games the more the hopes of seeing my man Kobe Bryant go off this season were starting to look slim! But finally some how the owners and players came to an agreement and we are finally going to get to see some basketball! A shorter season unfortunately but hey it's better than nothing! It will be interesting to see how the lockout effects the season in other ways, such as injuries, the free agent market, trades, and new coaches trying to get their system implemented into their new teams. I have a feeling this season will start off slow for the majority of the teams and it will be a tough battle up until the playoffs in both conferences, there probably won't be a strong front runner team until it gets closer to the end of the regular season. But there are already tons of story lines for the upcoming season, obviously first off is how are The Dallas Mavericks going to defend their title? Will they be one hit wonders and flop or will they come back and dominate The NBA again? What about “The Big 3” what's girlfriend Lebron gonna do this year? Choke....? Probably, that's what Lebron does best, but hey I'm just glad basketball is back so I can go back to laughing at his failures like the cunt I am HAHA! I am going to enjoy watching them not get a ring AGAIN this year! What about my Lakers they got a new coach in Mike Brown who knows how they are going to look in a completely different system! And get ready to hear nothing but trade rumors and new team destinations for both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard! Both of them are in the final year of their contracts so they are the next big guys on the move and it won't surprise me if both players are on new teams by the trade deadline. There are many storylines in the NBA this year and I cannot wait to see what happens!

I really hope all these owners and players can keep the peace in ALL of my sports because if I ever have to go through another lockout its possible I could slit someones throat! My life is sports and I don't want to see countdown clocks on Sportscenter saying how many days we have been stuck in a lockout. I'd rather see Lebron James choke hard in the playoffs, or see Kobe Bryant hit the game winning shot, or see The Lakers win their 17th Championship, and you know I'm dying to see The Cowboys finally win another Super Bowl! Whatever is going on with sports good or bad, it's better than a mother fucking lockout!

No comments:

Post a Comment