Friday, January 8, 2016

2016 NFL Wild Card Playoff Predictions




NFC

Seattle Seahawks Vs Minnesota Vikings

In my opinion the Seahawks are probably one of the most dangerous teams coming into the Playoffs. They started the season off slow and looking like they would be lucky to make the Playoffs and then they got right back into their Championship form towards the end of the season and have steam rolled their way into the Playoffs! Russell Wilson is playing the greatest football of his career so far and he hasn’t even had Marshawn Lynch in the backfield for a few a weeks now, so he has carried this offense all the way! The Vikings haven’t sold me at all this season or really any season ever. I’ve always been skeptical of them and am in complete shock that the Packers just handed them the division, but it didn’t matter to me how this team got into the Playoffs, I just knew they weren’t going to be going anywhere once they reached the Playoffs! Adrian Peterson is still a straight up beast, but outside of him I don’t trust anyone on that team to get them anywhere close to a Super Bowl. The Seahawks are at their best in the post season and they have proven it time and time again. I won’t be shocked to see them in a third straight Super Bowl so you know I’m taking the Seahawks in this matchup!

Seahawks over Vikings 28-13

Green Bay Packers Vs Washington Redskins

I can’t believe this is even a Playoff game! No matter how hard people are trying to push Kirk Cousins and the Redskins in my face I refuse to drink that kool-aid! This team is straight up garbage, honestly I am only using this paragraph to talk about my hatred for the stupid ass Redskins! I mean come on….THEY WENT 9-7!!!!!! That is not anything to be proud of! I don’t believe this is going to be a close matchup at all. The Packers are looking like a pile of shit too, but hey they still have Aaron Rodgers I’ll take him any day over every idiot on the Redskins roster! I expect this to be a sloppy game with turnovers galore from both teams, but Rodgers will make the big plays when he needs to and that will be the deciding factor in this game.

Packers over Redskins 35-10

AFC

Pittsburgh Steelers Vs Cincinnati Bengals

I’d have a lot more confidence in the Bengals had Andy Dalton not been injured weeks ago, but they already had issues winning in the Playoffs with him so I can imagine how it’s going to be without him. The Bengals are a very good team, great on the defensive side of the ball, but very mediocre on the offensive side with AJ McCarron at quarterback. He’s not terrible he can definitely manage this offense, but I don’t feel like he’s had enough experience to win this game. I am not overly impressed with the Steelers either. They are way too inconsistent for me to really believe in them just yet, but I’m positive they will fuck some shit up in the Playoffs this season! Ben Roethlisberger is having another stellar season and has his pick of receivers to get the ball to deep to make big plays. They’ve also mastered the two point conversion this season, which could help them pull away from any close games in the Playoffs. Roethlisberger has thrown for 16 interceptions, but that is misleading since he has to throw more to make up for the mediocre running game. The Steelers defense has a ton of holes and are known to give up big plays so if AJ Green happens to break free at all then McCarron should be able to get some easy scores to keep pace. In the end I can’t take the Bengals in the post season until they prove to me they aren’t chokers!

Steelers over Bengals 28-17

Kansas City Chiefs Vs Houston Texans

The Texans do not belong anywhere near the Playoffs this season! On offense they were garbage and on defense all they have is JJ Watt and while he is a fantastic football player, he alone will NOT win you a Championship…or even one win in the Playoffs! The Chiefs are probably one of the most boring teams you can find, but they win and that’s all that matters. Alex Smith is the definition of “game manager” seriously if you look up the term in the dictionary you will see his picture along with Trent Dilfer! The Chiefs have a dominant defense and should have A LOT of fun with the Texans atrocious offense. Brian Hoyer is the king of mediocrity, he will pull you in one week looking like an MVP against the Jaguars scoring touchdowns like it’s the easiest thing in the World, but then the next he will throw for 4 interceptions and get sacked 9 times. I anticipate an extremely boring game, luckily it’s the first game on tap for the weekend so we can get that shit outta the way RIGHT QUICK!!!

Chiefs over Texans 20-7

No comments:

Post a Comment